Chemical Peels Venice, FL
Aging, scarring, acne, exposure to the skin, and other factors can all contribute to undesirable skin changes that leave you feeling insecure about the appearance of your skin. Chemical peels can be a minimally invasive, highly effective way to battle the signs of aging and rejuvenate your skin without surgery. Venice Ave Dermatology offers both SkinMedica® and Vi Peel Chemical Peels.
What do Chemical Peels Do?
During a chemical peel, a carefully formulated chemical solution is applied to your skin by a professional. The chemical is designed to damage the outer, dull or damaged layers of skin1. As a result, the outermost layers of your skin will blister and shed, revealing the healthier skin beneath it. How many layers of skin peel away will depend on the solution used by your provider.
Venice Avenue Dermatology offers a number of chemical peels to meet the needs of our patients. Some of those include:
- Illuminize Peel® by SkinMedica®, which is often the best treatment for patients with minor skin imperfections
- Vitalize Peel® by SkinMedica®, which is recommended for mild to moderate skin problems
- Vi Peel Precision Plus, a medium-depth peel ideal for sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and melasma
- Vi Peel Purify, a peel that aims to prevent acne breakouts
- Vi Peel Purify with Precision Plus, a combination treatment designed to tackle both acne and pigmentation problems
- Vi Peel Advanced, which targets aging, fine lines, wrinkles, and loose skin
What Skin Problems are Treated by Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels can help improve the texture and tone of your skin and reduce the appearance of a myriad of common skin problems, including:
- Minor scars that affect the outermost layers of skin
- Fine lines near your mouth and eyes
- Uneven skin tone
- Actinic keratosis
- Sun spots
- Rough skin
If you have skin problems that are impacting deeper tissue layers, a chemical peel is unlikely to meet your needs or help you reach your treatment goals. The team at Venice Avenue Dermatology will evaluate your skin to determine whether a chemical peel is the right treatment for you and if so, which chemical peel will target the right layers of skin to achieve the results you desire.
What are the Benefits of Chemical Peels?
Many patients choose chemical peels because of the range of benefits they offer:
- Chemical peels are a versatile skincare treatment, addressing a wide variety of issues ranging from dullness to aging in a single treatment.
- They serve to both treat and prevent problems, making them a great investment.
- Chemical peels are non-surgical, which means they’re accompanied by lower risk, easier recovery, and a smaller price tag than surgical options
How Long Will It Take to See Results After a Chemical Peel?
It depends on whether you’ve had a light, medium, or deep chemical peel. You can expect to see improved skin about a week after a light peel, about two weeks after a medium peel, and about a month after a deep peel2. With all three, redness may last for awhile after the treatment.
How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost?
Just as they vary in type and intensity, chemical peels vary in cost. This treatment is not covered by insurance3. For optimal results, a series of peels are usually recommended. Your practitioner will evaluate your needs and help design the best treatment for you. During your consultation appointment, we’ll provide you with an estimate so you know exactly what to expect.
When it comes to skincare and chemical peels Venice, FL has a variety of options. Venice Avenue Dermatology offers high-end skin care in a medical setting, giving you peace of mind close to home. To schedule your consultation appointment, complete a contact form on our website today.